Black Maternal Health Week is April 11-17. Some of our members and partners are hosting wonderful events:
- April 12, 2021 2:00-3:00pm EST
- From the Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey: On this Monday, April 12, 2-3 pm, Nastassia Davis and Melanie Hutton from Sistas Who Breastfeed will be presenting a free webinar titled “Strategies to Promote, Protect and Support Equitable Breastfeeding in the Black Community”. See attached flyer and find registration info here: https://partnershipmch.org/bmhw/
- April 14, 2021 5:00-7:00 pm EST
- April 15, 2021 12:00-2:00 pm EST
- Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative/Camden Healthy Start will be hosting a screening for “A Black Woman’s Story” the week of April 11-17, 2021. Come and join for a conversation on the racial divide in maternal and infant health outcomes. See the attached flyer for more information. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 14, 2021 12:00pm-4:30pm EST
- The Perinatal Health Equity Foundation is proud to present “The Architects of Birth Justice: Redesigning Perinatal Health for Black Mamas and Birthing People in New Jersey” This solutions-based event will focus on discussing the latest evidence surrounding Black Maternal Health by national and local experts in the field. Attendees will walk away with tangible strategies they can implement now to reshape Black Maternal Health in New Jersey. Registration info: https://www.perinatalequity.org/black-maternal-health-week-2021
- April 16, 2021 10:00am-12:00pm EST
- Melinated Moms is hosting a Childbirthing in Communities of Color Series! This program will focus on the Impact of COVID on childbirth on a national and international scale. It will explore pregnancy throughout all phases of conception and how COVID has created more visibility of the health disparities in women across the Melinated Spectrum. Register for free at cccCOVID.Eventbrite.com
- April 19, 2021
- The American Academy of Pediatrics, NJ Chapter, is presenting Covid-19, Newborns and Breastfeeding on Monday, April 19. Non-physicians are welcome. There is a small fee for AAP non-members. Contact AAP NJ if you have any questions. https://njaap.org/about/contact/. Click here to register.
View the governor’s office list of events for Black Maternal Health Week and register here.